Why do I keep feeling the need to futz with less popular male mesh heads and bodies? It’s not like there aren’t a lot of sophisticated options out there. Looking at mesh heads, it is easy to see that Catwa, and Lelutka are going strong. Akeruka’s latest “Advanced” male mesh head looks pretty promising on the poster too. When it comes to bodies, Belleza Jake, Legacy Meshbody and Signature Gianni are very well represented on the grid. And with that we come to at least one reason why I still tinker with the Signature Geralt mesh body and head every now and again. Some people prefer “interesting” over simply handsome. One person’s ugly is another person’s weirdly attractive. Overall you stand a better chance at having a slightly more unique looking avatar if you veer away from the massively over represented popular ones. The second reason is that I like an achievable challenge in Second Life. I know it takes a bit more effort to find a working skin for this head, but when I finally have pulled together a look I find acceptable, there’s a vague rather misplaced sense of achievement. One has to take every opportunity one can get to give oneself a pat on the back, while one is still flexible enough to do so. Now let’s look at what I did with Geralt. Slapped him on the ass, probably, but that’s beside the point.
I decided to give Avenge a go. They have several skins for Signature, but these have been on the market since before the launch of Geralt and have been made for Gianni. Not all of Avenge’s skins work equally well, but with the Devon skin in the bronze skin tone, Geralt has a certain level of boy-next-door cuteness about him. The freckles I added to the head and body are also available from Avenge and the beard is one of the standard options that come with this head. The body hair is by Modulus and I think that if would try to use both the freckles and the body hair as an applier, the two would cancel each other out. As it is, I’m using the BOM version of the Avenge skin for the body, with the body hair as a BOM tattoo layer on top of that. That leaves applier layers free for the freckles, showing that combining BOM and appliers not only is perfectly possible, but even gives you more options. Popping on a pair of mesh nipples by Noche is a good idea for a sharper look. While you’re at Noche, take a look at the Alexander leggings. This is one of a few of their items that are rigged for Geralt. The JOCKD January 2019 Panelled Bikini Brief by Thirst is a nice option if you’re looking for swimwear. Both the leggings and brief go well with a pair of Signature Geralt flip flops.
Alas Geralt hasn’t got much in the way of underwear. Thirst’s JOCKD January 2019 Peekabooty brief is among the better naughty options for this body. Pop on a pair of Noche Ultimate socks and home boy’s got himself a lazy Sunday outfit. Netflix and chill anyone?
The Geralt body has less support then his older brother Gianni among clothing designers but there definitely are some cool items available in his size from several big brands. Wear the new Draven shirt with the not so new Diego shorts both by Legal Insanity and what you have yourself there, is an easy outfit to see you through the last couple of weeks of summer, or just through the year if you live somewhere that doesn’t have proper seasons, you poor sods. Also, yes those ARE the Deadwool Chase sneakers you’re seeing again. I can’t help it! They’re well made, include the Geralt size and I’ve got the fatpack. At least I’m not one of those people who purchase fatpacks and then end up always using the same colour. You know who you are.
- Signature Geralt mesh body and mesh head
- Avenge Devon skin for Signature heads in Bronze tone (applier only) + their skin for the Signature body in the matching tone (I’m using the BOM skin, but an applier is included as well)
- Avenge Freckles Palette for Signature mesh heads and Freckles for Signature body (you may need to look around a bit to find these at Avenge), both used as appliers (no BOM included)
- Billy Beaverhausen Signature Geralt shape Kendji
- Noche Mesh Nipples
- Stealthic Like Lust hair (comes with sides, not wearing these)
- Avi-Glam Solstice mesh eyes
- L’etrê Basic Mesh Ears
- Rebellion Savant Specs
- Thirst JOCKD January 2019 set, containing Peekabooty Brief and Panelled Bikini Brief (only a few items at Thirst come in the Geralt size)
- Noche Alexander Leggings and Ultimate Shawn socks (only a few items at Noche come in the Geralt size)
- Signature Geralt Sandals
- Rezz Room Europen Cat Adult Animesh
- Jian Corgi Sleepy Boi (group gift)
- Floorplan Pile of Books (with some animations)
- Apple Fall Coffee & Muffin