LOGO celebrated their Second Life™ anniversary not long ago and generously offered a male and female mesh head for free. Due to the overwhelming number of people who missed their chance to get the Chelsea or Chase head and messaged LOGO after their anniversary event had ended , they decided to continue offering these heads for free to group members for the next couple of weeks. This is mentioned in a group notice from November 11th, so I think there still should be about a week left at least to go grab that head. There is no joining fee for this group, so what a perfect reason for me to put together another episode of my “For a Little Less” series.
It totally made sense to use the free Classic Meshbody with this head to keep the cost down as much as possible. I actually have some Stray Dog skins for LOGO heads in my inventory, because they more or less came in handy to use on certain other mesh heads. However, these skins are appliers and I don’t have the BOM version for them. If I want to apply these skins to the free LOGO Chase mesh head, I have to purchase LOGO’s customisation hud, which costs around L$990 and that rather defeats the purpose of this blog post. Luckily both the Classic Meshbody and Chase mesh head can be used with BOM skins. I have explained in a previous blog post how to activate BOM on the Classic Meshbody. For the LOGO head, BOM is activated as standard. So remember, just put on the head and don’t wear an alpha layer and whatever “system skin”, a.k.a. BOM skin you are wearing will automatically “bake” on your mesh (aaaah, so that’s what BOM stands for!).
Now let’s talk about skins. At LOGO you can pick up a skin pack for the Chase head that includes the body skin in 5 skin tones for L$299. I decided not to take that route and instead used a Stray Dog skin that was made for Catwa mesh heads and appears to be fitting acceptably well on the LOGO head. Sure, if you wanted to nitpick, you could say that the shadows could ever so slightly be better aligned, but let’s not forget we’re working with a free head here. The neck seam isn’t too bad, but does become more visible in some windlights. The head comes with it’s own mesh eyes, but I find them a bit plane and again I would have to purchase that customisation hud to change the texture. Instead I used my favourite Avi-Glam mesh eyes, which fit nicely in the sockets and that is something that doesn’t work equally well with all mesh heads, so I shall count this as a minor victory.
I shall end this blog post with the usual list of credits, this time with all the current prices, which is something I only do for these budget friendly blog posts.
- LOGO Chase meshead, free group gift until…? Not sure! “A couple of weeks” as LOGO put it, counted from November 11th, would mean till at least November 25th.
- Classic Meshbody, also still free at the moment. There is a version of this body that you have to pay for but that just contains an extra which you don’t really need. Oh and of course Meshbody also have the super duper but ever so slightly expensive Legacy and Athletic Meshbody.
- Stray Dog Trey skin #9 for Catwa heads and their body skin for Legacy Meshbody. L$590 + L$490
- IDTTY Real Eyebrows. L$250
- Avi-Glam Solstice Eyes. L$350
- Modulus Eliot hair, browns. L$320
- Billy Beaverhausen Ryan shape for Logo Chase and Classic Meshbody. L$99
- Sadly the briefs I’m wearing no longer seem to be available. They are by Dufaux, who still have the TMP tie up brief for L$250
- That brings our grand total (excluding the briefs) to L$2099.