My monthly styling sessions with the NX-Nardcotix David mesh body seem to be yet another marker for just how fast time is going by, but only in hindsight. Moments can drag on while I’m still in the middle of them, but once they’re behind me, it feels like they were secretly fast-forwarding all along. Does anyone have a good trick for slowing down time on the weekend? Seriously though! No matter how fast the work week has gone bye, sometimes I feel I may as well not bother with the weekend. In the blink of an eye it goes from “yay, Friday evening” to “f*ck, it’s back to work tomorrow”. But of course that has nothing to do with poor David, so let’s just take a look at the new threads I’ve picked up for him this month.
Anyone with the NX-Nardcotix David mesh body is well aware (painfully aware) that not many clothing designers have made anything for this body. You mostly have to make do with other sizes. One brand that keeps being helpful with that is Legal Insanity. They have a wide range of jeans and most of them come with the Enzo size, which is a reasonably good fit for David. I can even wear them shirtless, which definitely isn’t the case with many other jeans in various sizes. Finding a top to wear with these jeans was a bit of a struggle, because I wanted to leave some of the body visible. I went back right to my beginnings in Second Life and put on the Jomo Down Vest. Personally I think it hasn’t aged too badly. Sure, the new items are more detailed these days, but I was happy to see that the standard medium size wasn’t a bad fit. Apparently the maker no longer really believes in this product though, because it is nowhere to be seen at their sim. I guess the message here is: “never throw anything away.” That one of the colours of the NX-Nardcotix Gideon boots nicely matched this vest was a nice bit of luck.
Now lets look at something new from Ascend. They released the Bronson jacket with turtleneck add-on and trousers at the current round of TMD (runs till March 2nd). I’m wearing the complete outfit in the Gianni size. Basically only the hands are visible, so you can pretty much wear this with any mesh body. David also gets away with wearing the jacket without the sweater. Fun fact, the shirt and tie add-on for the Ascend cardigan I showed in my previous blog post for David, works with this jacket too. Such fun! Such fun! Oh, a double!
- NX-Nardcotix David mesh body.
- Lelutka Guy mesh head
- Birth Ripley for Lelutka and their omega applier used on the body
- Stealthic Narcotic hair and hairbase
- Avi-Glam Solstice eyes (applied to mesh eyes that come with the mesh head)
- Ascend Bronson jacket and trousers (at TMD until March 2nd, then at main store)
- Legal Insanity Vasco Studded Denims
- NX-Nardcotix Jude Ankle Boot
- NX-Nardcotix Gideon Boots
- The messenger bag is by Thirst from a gacha set named Winter City Vibes. If they have it at their store, they are hiding it pretty well, cause I can’t find it. You should be able to find one on Marketplace though.
- Lelutka Guy & NX Nardcotix David Shape Travis. The look in Marketplace is totally different, but it is the shape I used for this blog post. It also includes an altered shape to use with Legal Insanity Jeans.
Would be interesting to see a piece on how sales events, which have taken over the SL retailing landscape in the past few years, have impacted stores and creators. I’ve stopped buying at them as I’ve heard they take a large cut from what is sold there, so instead I make notes of what I want, and then wait for the items to be allowed to show up in the stores, and then go and buy them directly from the creators so the creators get the full benefit from their work. Without our creators in SL, we are nothing.