I’ll be the first to admit that I can’t really get into role playing in Second Life™. How does one go about it? Do you just sit there, having pretend (chat) conversations, making it up as you go along for hours at a time? I imagine it’s a rather popular thing for those that are into fantasy avatars. Luckily I don’t let my lack of enthusiasm for role playing stop me from occasionally putting together a fantastic fairy look. Most sims won’t mind if you show up wearings wings and pointy ears anyway, they don’t even need to have a fantasy theme. Whenever someone does take offence or if you’re breaking some covenants, they can always let you know, or be complete self-righteous pricks about it and ban you without warning. But hey, at least you’ll be flying away from that sim in style.
Sometimes an outfit starts with a particular item and then I build my colour scheme around it. The Easter themed headband by Bauhause Movement, which I got from a hunt a couple of years ago, is a good example of that. I’ve picked up the turquoise of the eggs with the texture of the harness and then paired this with a loincloth in simple white. Arguably the arm and wrist bands are more of a Roman thing, but the bit of bling ads another touch of festiveness to this look, don’t you think?
Before we take a closer look at the deets for the outfit, we should have a whatchamacallit moment… Mindfulness! That’s the word I was looking for! Lost Unicorn is a good sim for that kind of thing and you can easily wander around and explore it without having to engage into any kind of role playing adventure. For me the sim has a relaxing ethereal feel to it, especially if I allow their film music stream to play. You’ll run into other fairies, dragons, unicorns and other magical creatures here, so who knows, maybe you’ll make a new friend. Meh, people overrated. I’ll just chat up a unicorn. Wait! Isn’t that role play kind of thing? How did this happen!
- Noche Evan harness, Tyler loincloth and Roman gold cuffs (you’ll find these with the Roman toga as an item that can be purchased separately)
- The Bauhause Movement headband with bunny ears unfortunately is not available at their store, but they do have some nice flower crowns that would suit a fairy. Sure these things are perhaps more aimed at female avatars, but who gives an acrobatic chandelier swinging fuck about that anyway?
- Catwa Victor mesh head
- Belleza Jake mesh body
- Stray Dog Erwin skin + their body skin for Belleza (tone 04, using BOM)
- Billy shape
- Noche mesh nipples
- Stealthic Hysteria hair and Stealthic hairbase
- IDTTY Faces Hustler eyebrows (BOM)
- Avi-Glam Solstice eyes (applied to the rigged mesh eyes that come with the Catwa head)
- Mandala Steking Ears Season 5
- Blueberry Angel wings
- Caleb sandals in sky blue by Equal, which go very well with this look.