I was banging on David’s bedroom door, shouting at him to get out of bed because he was going to miss the best part of the day. “The early bird catches the worm,” I told him. “I’m not a bird,” he muttered. “Go on, we’ll go shopping,” I offered. “Ha, the never have anything in my sizes anyway,” he responded. He is right of course, very few clothing creators have ever bothered with the NX-Nardcotix David mesh body, but there just happens to be a 50% sale on at Tori Torricelli this weekend, so at the very least it was worth checking out.
Of course the NX-Nardcotix David mesh body, just like any other mesh body that is worth mentioning, comes with so-called alpha cut options in it’s HUD. If you’re kinda new to Second Life™ and don’t know what this means, basically it’s a part of the HUD that shows you a representation of the mesh body, cut into many small areas you can click so they become invisible. This is extremely handy when you find that bits of your body ar poking through an item of clothing. It won’t help you every single time, because when you’re wearing something like an open shirt, you’ll find that it won’t let you hide parts of the body that are problematic without also hiding parts that should remain visible if you don’t want a Death Becomes Her “I can see right through you!” situation.
From the sale at Tori Torricelli I got the Manhattan Shirt & Vest and the Tribeca Jeans, which comes together as a tried and tested smart casual outfit, all worn in the Gianni size on David. The label on the back of the jeans may poke through the bottom of the vest a tiny bit if your bum happens to be far from tiny, so some mild shape editing may be appropriate. In other a words: tighten that ass!
You can very easily dress that outfit down by getting rid of the shirt, tie and vest and popping on the Tori Torricelli cardigan, which is like a posher version of a hoodie. There are more discounted items at Tori that will work with David and I’m sure I’ve used the brand before, so I urge you to simply try things. Don’t get your hopes up too much when it comes to tank tops, because those are usually a disaster for David (drama queen!). Some shorts and trousers may work better in the Enzo/Aesthetic size if you intend to wear them shirtless. That’s it for now. I’m fresh out of tips. You’ll have to come back when the new batch is done baking.
- Shirt & vest, jeans and cardigan all by Tori Torricelli as mentioned above
- NX-Nardcotix David Meshbody
- Lelutka Guy mesh head (on both of the seated avatars)
- Birth Maverick in skin tone #7 for Lelutka mesh heads. I’m not sure how well this particular skin works with the newer Lelutka Evolution mesh heads, but it sure looks nice on the slightly older Guy mesh head. For the NX-Nardcotix body, you need to get Births Omega body applier and you will also need the Omega relay from the NX-Nardcotix store.
- Camo Blaze Dreads (shown on a female avatar in the store, but works just as well on a male avatar, in my far from humble opinion)
- Avi-Glam Passion eyes, applied to the rigged eyes that come with the Lelutka mesh head
- Billy Beaverhausen Troy shape. I made this shape using different skins, but obviously it works just as well, if not better, with the Birth skins. Keep in mind that the shape was adjust to work better with the pants
- WR 112 wrist watch and bracelets by Moonstone, currently an anniversary gift at the ACCESS event until July 8th. No idea where you can find it afterwards. This creator doesn’t seem to have an inworld store, nor do they have this kind of item in the Marketplace store. *shrugging shoulders emoji*
- Messenger bag from the Winter Vibes outfit gacha by Thirst, which doesn’t appear to be at their store, so just do a search in Markeplace on Thirst Messenger Bag
- Jude ankle boots by NX-Nardcotix
- Darrel underwear set by NX-Nardcotix