This episode of my What’s Eating TMP series is taking a piggy back ride on the previous one, in which we looked at the combination of the L$1 gift version of the Classic mesh body with the Lelutka EvoX Connor mesh head. For this episode we are keeping the body and we’ll be swapping the head… Oh if only we could in real life.
This time around I’m using the Lelutka Alain head. The skin I am using is Hikaru by Stray Dog. Note that this skin predates the EvoX mesh heads, so if you add the skin to your outfit and it looks hella freaky, you need to hit that Evo button in the Lelutka head’s HUD.
Just like with Birth skins in the previous blog post, Stray Dog does not have a skin for the Classic mesh body, but you can use the one they have for Legacy Meshbody. The nipples are where they are supposed to be and there are no gnarly finger or toe shadows so it’s all good. You may find it interesting to know that the body also has a simple “bump” and shine option. It’s an all or nothing kind of thing, but if you find yourself in a situation where you want to make your skin shiny (at the beach for example, because you’re wearing sun lotion), then you can switch it on. How well you will see the shiny effect depends on the windlight and your graphics settings (Advanced Lighting Model needs to be switched on).
Of course the Lelutka Alain head includes a shape, but I have used my own Grant shape for this head. Interestingly I made this for the Belleza body, but the Classic mesh body is getting away with it beautifully, even if I say so myself. The Christian Trunks by Noche are an older item, from back in the day when they supported the TMP Deluxe body. You can’t expect an awful lot of support for Classic mesh body from the SL fashion creators these days, but you can get dressed though.
This winter outfit was put together using the Noche Taylor Cardigan (Legacy size), Deadwool Kojima Jeans (Legacy size works, as long as you wear something covering the waistband), Noche Knit Gloves Essentials (Legacy size, not a perfect fit, use the alpha layer that comes with the gloves), Noche Anthony Boots (Legacy size) and Oversized Scarf by ::K::. Of course you’ll need some help of the alpha tab in the Classic mesh body’s hud to hide any body parts that are sticking through your clothing. Did you know that if you’re using bom layers, Like I did here with this look, you can also use any alpha layer that comes with an item of clothing? Simply add it to your outfit and the corresponding body parts will be hidden. It’s a bit more convenient then faffing about with the alpha hud.
And now let me just list all of this again for your convenience…
- Classis mesh body by Meshbody
- Lelutka Alain mesh head
- Stray Dog Hikaru skin for Lelutka + their body skin for Legacy
- Avi-Glam Erudite eyes (applied to mesh eyes that come with the Lelutka head)
- Exile Knox hair
- Noche Essential Jockstrap (head up to the top floor for this item)
- Christian Trunks by Noche (the version I used is only in the fatpack)
- Noche Taylor Cardigan
- Deadwool Kojima Jeans (use the Legacy size, but this won’t work if you want a shirtless look, for that I suggest the Broberry jeans, also by Deadwool. Those include a TMP size)
- Noche Anthony Boots
- Noche Knit Gloves Essentials (use the Legacy size with the alpha that comes with the gloves and there just will be a bit of glitching on the ring finger… just imagine they’re a bit worn)
- Oversized Scarf by ::K::
- Stealthic Psycho hair and beanie