Right! After all the christmassy stuf, unpacking a tower of gifts and some frustrating Second Life™ neck seam gazing, I now have to take a break from winter, even if it’s just a virtual escape. A return to my series on (obscenely) short shorts was exactly what the doctor ordered. Actually, I have heard that in the past people in Sweden sometimes got prescribed a holiday in a sunny place to help them get over depression. This might be a myth though. I remember that some years ago a limited group of people were offered the opportunity to work 6-hour days without loss of fulltime salary and before I knew it, the international press was writing about this as if the whole of Sweden was on this particular band wagon. I had to explain to somewhat jealous friends in my home country (Belgium) that, no actually, I am still working 8 hours a day AT LEAST thank you very much! Anyhooo, I digress. Shorts! I’ve got new shorts. And damn they are short!
The Highcut Shorts by Noche come with straps you can leave off if you like. At the back they’re almost a thong and the side slit is the kind of detail I really appreciate in SL. The shorts come in a variety of bulge sizes and have been rigged for Belleza Jake, Legacy and Athletic. That last one is kinda unique for Noche, as they usually don’t support the Athletic body (some people may refer to it as “Legacy Athletic”). I thought I’d use this as an occasion to give the Athletic body another outing, as it seems to be gathering dus in my inventory most of the time. It’s definitely nice to see this body has something new and skimpy to wear. And on that positive note, I’ll keep this blog post nice and short too… Although compared to the writing on many other SL blog posts, this was already a short story.
- Noche Highcut Shorts currently at Fameshed until January 27th, check the Noche main store after the event has ended
- Lelutka Luka mesh head
- Athletic Meshbody (sometimes referred to as Legacy Athletic)
- Birth skin Ozias for Lelutka Evo. Are you freaking out because this skin is all over the place on your head? Make sure to switch to Evo in the hud for your Lelutka head if the last skin you were using was EvoX). The freckles are an integral part of the skin and the beard comes with the Lelutka head.
- On the body I am of course using Birth’s skin for the Legacy mesh body as there isn’t one specifically made for the Athletic body.
- Stray Dog ADD ON Renato Hairbase suitable for Lelutka in Evo mode
- Avi-Glam Solstice eyes, applied to the rigged mesh eyes that come with the head. The applier includes a large, medium and small size for each eye colour in the Solstice pack. You will also find some settings in the Lelutka head’s hud that let you change the positioning and size of your eyes.
- Billy Beaverhausen Kedar shape