This day started off very lazily for me and I praise my lucky stars that at least his is one of the luxuries I do have in my life. I opened my bedroom window, but left the curtains drawn, letting in just enough fresh air and soft light to gently wake me up. Then I hopped back in bed and watch a couple of episodes of The Durrells, which is like a mix of travelling in my mind and being a “friend of the family”. The series is based on The Corfu Trilogy, a series of autobiographical books penned by environmentalist Gerald Durrell. I found out that he was the founder of the zoo on the island of Jersey in the English Channel, I place I have holidayed at myself many years ago. I even visited that zoo! This connection, however small it may be, instantly got me more emotionally invested in this series. So after spending some time on the island of Corfu (in my mind) I decided that my Second Life™ experience to day had to be beachy, in a attempt to keep that sunny mood going, even if it just on the surface.
I would have loved a Corfu inspired sim, but I didn’t want to spend too much time trying to find something perfect. It’s not like I was going to find the Durrells waiting there for me. In SL I feel most attracted to sims that are somewhat explorable. Salt Water is a rugged, tropical island that climbs slowly from a western bay up to high plateaus and with its lush vegetation, interesting ruins and some romantic spots, this island definitely has that explorable factor.
It wouldn’t be much of a virtual beach therapy if there weren’t some nice beaches to hang out at. While Salt Water isn’t very beachy, you’ll find several small sandy beaches for hanging out with friends or that special someone (or that not so special someone, but you just don’t want to be alone right now). All in all Salt Water is a rather pleasurable experience.
- All clothing by Noche:
- Moustache guy (me):
- Lelutka Evox Noa mesh head (includes the facial hair and hairbase used)
- Birth Beck skin for Lelutka Evox and their matching body skin for Legacy. The Beck skin is currently at the monthly Uber event until June 22nd. You’ll find it at the main store at a later date.
- Legacy mesh body by Meshbody
- Stealthic Like Lust hair (worn without the sides)
- Avi-Glam Solstice eyes
- Billy Beaverhausen Bart shape
- Noche Mesh Nipples
- The cheeky one playing with my nipple:
- Lelutka Evox Alain mesh head (includes the facial hair and hairbase used)