In real life my mind often drifts off to a before and after situation. I broke my shoulder around the middle of January and a rather complicated fracture had to be corrected with a rather complicated surgery, called a reverse shoulder replacement. While I will be getting better and gradually gain back mobility in my right arm (and yes, I am right-handed, to add insult to injury), full recovery may take up to a year and there probably always will be a limit to what I can do with that arm. So yesterday as I opened a packet of the Swedish Läkerol sweets (there slogan is “makes people talk”… maybe I should be banned from buying these) I remembered that the last time I had these sweets was some weeks before “the fall”. At this point my accident feels like a significant enough event in my life to become an unplanned milestone. I may find myself saying: “ah yes, that was before the fall”. There are definitely at least two things I realise: I miss my job more than I thought I would and I definitely always need to wear non slip winter shoes as soon as there’s even the slightest hint of frost in the air. Remember how carefree I was, before “the fall”? Actually, that’s not true. I was always weary about falling and breaking something. Uptill now the only that got heard before was my pride.
Anyhoo, as I’m in this “before and after” mood, I figured I’d dive into my Second Life™ wardrobe to drag up some old outfits, trash a few of them and update one. The old look was made with the TMP Deluxe mesh body and head and clothing by Gabriel with gloves by RealEvil Industries. For the new look I found a newer item at Gabriel that mirros the idea of having something you would normally wear as a top or coat, wrapped around the waist. I also found a new pair of fingerless gloves at RealEvil that fit most of the current male mesh bodies. For the top I went with a fur vest by Noche, because I feel I haven’t worn that one enough. I’ll leave you with the full list of credits for the new look as it’s now time to go torture myself a bit more with exercises to get this shoulder functioning again.
- Lelutka Skyler mesh head (includes the hairbase and facial hair I’ve used, along with many more options)
- Belleza Jake mesh body
- Birth Hendrix for Lelutka EvoX mesh heads + Births body skin for Belleza Jake
- Modulus Adrian hair
- Billy Beaverhausen Sean shape (not available yet)
- Noche Fur Vest (rigged for Belleza Jake and Meshbody Legacy/Ahtletic
- Gabriel Around waist kimono set. The kimono, trousers and boots are all one item, pack also includes separate kimono to be worn around waist with other outfits (rigged for Signature Gianni and Belleza Jake
- RealEvil Rider Gloves (rigged for Belleza Jake, Meshbody Legacy, Signature Gianni and various female mesh bodies)
Leave a Reply