In the previous two episodes of Shopping For David I plunked the Lelutka Guy mesh head on the NX-Nardcotix David mesh body and I’m sticking with that combination for a bit longer. After two looks with a VYC skin however, it was time to move on to something else. I really wish there were more skin options for this body, but 7 Deadly S[k]ins isn’t a bad choice, even if their body appliers aren’t my favourite.
The 7DS Jeroen skin in the caramel skin tone looks rather fetching on the Lelutka guy head. The skin comes with a browless version, which used combined with the Volkstone Simon brows. Applying the Dappa Merk tattoo on the body created that kind of bad boy look with the face of an angel your mother warned you about. Speaking of warnings, tattoos can sometimes take a while to get sharp on this body when you log in. Your best option is the tattoo that comes with the body, which seems to be a speedy rezzer. In the body’s hud there’s a tab for layers. When you click the “blend” buttons on this tab twice, you can possibly speed up the process of the tattoos becoming sharp.
I headed over to the current round of the Man Cave event (end July 11th) to grab the Jacker jacket by Guilty and the Popstar pants by Newphe. The Jacket comes in versions with and without a shirt and luckily they both can be used with David using the Gianni size, though you may have to adjust your shape slightly and you have to alpha out your arms a long way down, which means that if you look up the sleeves you can clearly see your arms aren’t there… So don’t look up the flipping sleeves then! The Popstar pants are also worn in the Gianni size and these definitely needed a bit of tinkering with my shape to make them fit. Once Man Cave has ended, you’ll find the jacket and trousers at the Guilty and Newphe main stores. The L&B Swear Old School Low Tops are an excellent pair of shoes to go with this outfit and the Gianni size works for David.
After purchasing the two new items, I wanted to rummage around in my wardrobe (inventory) to see if i could find something less new that I hadn’t tried on David yet. I’m often, if not always looking for something I can wear with NX-Nardcotix’s own tank top from their Darrel underwear set. I settled on the Chester red baggy pants by Legal Insanity. As so often is the case, the Aesthetic Enzo size does the best job and for shoes I went with something old, a TMP size sneaker from a gacha set at Semller, because it is one of the few shoes that doesn’t poke through the trousers. The Allan beanie by Exalted and leather cuff by ZOOM are gifts at the current round of Man Cave.
- NX-Nardcotix David mesh body.
- Lelutka Guy mesh head
- 7 Deadly S[k]ins Jeroen in caramel skin tone. I couldn’t find it at the store, but there are several similar looking skins at 7DS, but Brent looks similar.
- Modulus Elliot hair
- Volkstone Simon Brows applier, comes with Simon Facial Hair (not used here)
- Avi Glam Solstice eyes (applied to the eyes that come with the head)
- The underwear worn is part of the Darrel set at NX-Nardcotix, consisting of underpants with two bulge sizes and a tank top.
- Billy Beaverhausen Travis shape. This shape was used for a previous look with the Lelutka head and NX-Nardcotix body and includes adjusted shapes to use with Deadwool jeans and Legal Insanity shorts. If you want to achieve the look of this blog post you will mostly have to ignore the styling card that comes with the shape and use the above credits instead.
Leave a Reply